Do it for Real
This project has now closed
Do it for Real mobilised young people aged between 11 and 30-years-old to start and grow sustainable social action projects, connecting social ventures with volunteers and mentors.
We developed a three-year programme to discover, motivate and support young volunteers and social entrepreneurs across the UK.
The programme consisted of five elements, offering a staggered development path for individuals and communities:
- Giving youth groups the tools they needed We helped groups to set up their own community events through Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, and develop their ideas by applying for our support.
- Unlocking potential We provided a package of support and £500 grants for young people to test out their projects to improve their communities.
- Support to start We helped young social entrepreneurs boost their social impact of projects thanks to up to £5,000 in grant funding via local partners.
- Support to grow We gave social entrepreneurs who were ready for create more impact up to £15,000 and expert guidance to grow.
- Local partners and volunteers We worked with local partners and volunteers to help our young social entrepreneurs to thrive.